Markets are crashing around the world. US is no exception. After a long bull run, 50 and 200 day averages are breached by the sharp decline in S&P 500. 50 day average may soon cross below 200 day for the first time after a many years in many of the market indices.
This week’s stunning sell-off sent the Dow 1,000 points lower. Other markets have surprised investors lately, too:
- Crude oil just fell below $40 a barrel
- Gold just broke above $1160 an ounce
- The U.S. dollar is enjoying the strength not seen in years
Almost every step of the way, Elliott wave price patterns have guided our friends at Elliott Wave International and their subscribers:
- On July 24, EWI said to turn bullish on gold — the exact day of the intraday lows in gold and silver after four years of decline
- Crude oil has followed its Elliott wave script since 1998, including the all-time high near $150 in 2008 and the more recent secondary peak — one from which oil fell below $40 a barrel this week
- Wave patterns warned EWI and their subscribers of the huge declines in commodities and the huge rally in the U.S. dollar — both against nearly universal disagreement
The credit goes to the Elliott wave method. For the past 80 years, waves have warned thousands of investors like you about risks — and new opportunities! — at countless market junctures.
This week’s #1 story is the 1,000-point sell-off in the Dow. To show you what they’ve been saying about the markets, Elliott Wave International just put together a new, free 2-page Special Report with most relevant excerpts from their flagship publications: Elliott Wave Theorist andElliott Wave Financial Forecast.
It’s the kind of report a well-informed investor shouldn’t go without.